So (rough transition alert) I wonder if I might be somewhat motivated to stop compulsively eating candy (and sandwiches and fat and carbs and) if I adopt a technique runners sometimes use to mark their marathon mileage: give each mile - or pound - a name. A cause. I am carrying so much STUFF right now of which I just need to let go. Maybe this is a metaphor I can make work for me. What do I need to lose?
I need to lose more than this, but an initial
- That I'm worth less because there's more of me (right now).
- That size doesn't matter.
- The notion that things will ever be the same again.
- The idea that breastfeeding has shit to do with weight loss, for me.
- That I can eat my way to a better mood.
- That I'm in this alone.
- That I'll never be a good mom.
- That I'll never accomplish things again.
- That I failed my daughter during her delivery
- That I somehow didn't try hard enough to push her out.
- That there's not enough time.
- That I'm in control of everything.
- That I'll never be in control of anything again.
- That I'll ever be in control of anything again.