Monday, August 23, 2010

Fenugreek on aisle 4

I don't even try to eat breakfast at home most mornings these days. Instead I wait until I get to work and binge on yogurt and granola.  This morning, I decided to check out the "organic/natural foods" section of the supermarket to see if there were any pro-lactation herbs on offer. Found a bottle of Fenugreek seed capsules and thought, what the hell, why not.

At the checkout, I guess it didn't ring up right away and the gal asked how much it cost.  I told her. She went a few checkstands down and showed the bottle to another gal. I don't think this was about the price. I heard her say "I didn't even know we had this here."  The other gal said, "it's for milk," while motioning to her chest.  My gal came back and said her sister had used milk thistle or something and that worked great for her.

Support and anecdotes can be all around us. Even at the Silver Horse Safeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment